Book Review - The Willpower Instinct

The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of ItThe Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this one a lot. So much that this is one of those books I feel I would like to have sitting on my shelf to reference at a later date. It's a mix between the science and the practice of willpower. It's written as a class, and she suggests taking a chapter at a time. I actually listened to the entire book all the way through and then went back to focus own each chapter. I think it would be really useful for anyone trying to change a habit or addiction they are trying to overcome. Obviously serious addictions would need professional intervention but those that can be changed through personal habits would benefit from her suggestions. This book focuses more on how we can make changes than others that focus on the science behind habits itself.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment