Book Review - Knees

Knees: The mixed up world of a boy with dyslexiaKnees: The mixed up world of a boy with dyslexia by Vanita Oelschlager
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a super cute book explaining dyslexia and then helping each child realize that everyone has different talents and potential. I read it with my son who has ADHD and he really enjoyed it. We also have a child with autism and it eased into a conversation about how everyone has different challenges in life. These challenges sometimes makes things hard, but they also come with gifts and skills that others don't have. My daughter with autism is a very gifted artist and has an amazing memory. It was great for him to recognize that just because certain things are hard, it doesn't have to define us. I really enjoyed this book and it's subject. Very uplifting, great illustrations and a quick and easy read for everyone in our family. I will definitely keep watching this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment