Book Review - All For You

SPOILER ALERT!! SPOILER ALERT!!


I really enjoyed this one.  It's been awhile since I picked up a contemporary romance and a military one nonetheless.  I'm glad I started with this one.  This one kept me intrigued the entire way through.  I was hoping for a little more depth into the hazing, but I realize that wasn't the focus of this novel.  I felt the author did a really good job portraying the scene and brutal truth about mental health in the military.  I also loved that she was honest that it isn't as black and white as some try to make it out to be.  The characters weren't my fav, don't get me wrong, they were written well.  Reza was a broken and flawed character, which I think she pulled off well.  At first I was annoyed by an addict hanging on to a bottle to "prove" he was strong enough since you knew it was just a matter of time.  In the end I'm glad it came around.  Emily was a decent character but I felt she was a little to naive.  How could she not possibly know what ammo and mags are?  She did say she watched every war movie she could find, and while she was a doctor, she was also in the army for goodness sakes.  I also don't know that drinking with an alcoholic is the best way to support a man you are falling for.  My personal pet peeve was the reference to her female anatomy as her "sex."  That drives me nuts, there are quite a few other words that can be used and numerous to describe the male anatomy but any reference towards her was the single word.  I enjoyed my little trip to Fort Hood and am interested in reading the rest of the series.  Overall, the good outweighed the bad and I will continue to watch this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment