Book Review - Deadly Secret (Sons of Broad #2)

Deadly Secret (Sons of Broad #2)Deadly Secret by Tara Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second novel in the Sons of Broad series by Tara Thomas. I actually received an ARC for the third in the series and started it. Since I ended up enjoying it I tracked down the first two.
This was probably my least favorite of all three. I didn't read any of the prequel novellas so I might be missing some of the back story to these.

What I didn't like as much in this one was our heroine, Bea. I liked Knox, he wasn't my favorite brother but I liked him a lot more than Bea. The first half of the book drove me nuts.

**Spoiler Alert!**
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

She was so adamant about not letting her fear of this madman move her from her home, but this was the same guy who's keeping her from who she loves? She won't let him dictate where she sleeps at night (which would keep her alive), but she's willing to give up her husband because he said so? What kind of a woman is this?

Rant over.

She was a little too trusting of Jade in my opinion. Not to say that Jade didn't need someone in her corner, but Bea was a bit too naive to stay alive without Knox.

The suspense was good, the madman was hate-able, the mystery was there. There are some open ends, some from the first are weaved in, but new ones are formed. For me, it wasn't so bad since I had all 3 books at once. I was able to pick up book 3 when this was over so it didn't leave me hanging.

There is romance, sex scenes, some language and mature content like in the last, an adult read for sure. On to the next in the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment